When you’re ready to lock your fishing reels on the car roof, gather all the materials you’ll need. This includes the fishing reel, a length of rope or string, and a carabiner. You’ll also need something to secure the other end of the rope or string, such as a tree or another vehicle.
Once you have everything gathered, follow these steps:
1. Attach one end of the rope or string to the fishing reel using a double knot.
2. Pass the other end of the rope or string through the carabiner.
3. Secure the end of the rope or string to whatever you use as an anchor point. Make sure it’s tight so the reel can’t move around.
4. Repeat these steps for each fishing reel you want to secure on the car roof.
- Place the fishing rod in the car with the reel facing up
- loop a rope around the spool of the reel and tie it off
- run the rope under the car and tie it off to a side or front bumper
- This will keep your reel from being able to unwind while driving down the road and prevent your line from getting tangled.
How Do I Lock Fishing Reels on Car Roof
If you’re looking to lock your fishing reels on your car roof, there are a few different ways. One option is to use a standard padlock and chain. Loop the chain around the reel, through the holes in the padlock, and then close it up.
Another option is to use a cable lock. These work similarly to padlocks, but they use a thick cable instead of a chain. Once again, loop the cable around the reel and through the locking mechanism, then close it up.
Finally, you could also use velcro straps or bungee cords. Just wrap these around the reel and secure them in place. Whichever method you choose, ensure that your reels are securely locked down so they don’t come loose while driving!
Make Sure That the Rope Or Cord is Long Enough So That You Can Reach the Reel Easily
When it comes to choosing the right rope or cord for your hose reel, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. First, ensure the rope or cord is long enough to reach the reel easily. You don’t want to struggle to reach it every time you need to use it.
Second, consider the weight of the hose when full to choose a rope or cord that can support its weight. Lastly, consider what material you want the rope or cord to be made of. Many options are available, so choose one that best suits your needs.
You Can Also Use a Padlock to Secure the Reel
Most people don’t know that you can use a padlock to secure the reel of a fishing rod. This is a great way to deter would-be thieves and keep your equipment safe while you’re not using it. You only need a small padlock that fits through the reel’s eyelet.
Thread the lock through the eyelet and then click it shut. This will make it very difficult for someone to remove the reel from your rod without damaging the equipment.
Locking Fishing Rod Rack! Trucks, Cars or SUVs
We hope you’re driving with your fishing reels on your car roof, you’ll want to ensure they’re locked in place so they don’t come loose and fall off.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Tie some rope or bungee cords around the reel, ensuring it’s tight.
2. If you have a second reel, do the same thing with that one.
3. Now take a length of rope and loop it through both tied-off reels, then tie it off so it’s secure. This will keep your reels from coming loose and falling off while you’re driving, ensuring they’ll be there when you need them when you reach your fishing spot!
Tony is a professional fishing instructor and his hobby is fishing! He has been fishing for the last 4 years and he loves fishing instructor profession. Based on his experiences with the different type of fishing; he is sharing his opinion about various fishing technique so that a beginner can get started right away. Find him on Twitter. Happy reading!